On today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, I speak with innovation leader Scott Kirsner.
Scott is the founder of Innovation leader, and today we talk about some of the research his company has found about how innovation works in large companies, and what innovation specialists do.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 03:00 – what innovation managers do after they leave their position in corporations, and how long they stay in their positions
- 06:00 – the pressure on innovation teams to produce outcomes and results
- 08:30 – the new research on the makeup of innovation portfolios and time spent on innovations in corporations (core, adjacent, transformational innovations)
- 10:45 – the traditional 70-20-10 split of innovation resources, and how this is different between industries
- 11:45 – does a slowdown in the economy shift focus to short-term innovation?
- 14:00 – the differences between the way startups and established corporations innovate
- 15:15 – how the media often misjudges innovation to be about startups
- 17:00 – how to make innovation a real career path
- 22:00 – good case studies of companies which have built their creative muscle
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Innovation Leader: https://www.innovationleader.com/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Play to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Ifjlz5o2w27yr4wn7belsne26oq?t%3DIdea_to_Value_-_Creativity_and_Innovation%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Self-Serving bias: Why you think nothing is your fault - August 9, 2023
- We are all sheep - August 2, 2023
- Planning fallacy: Why we are so bad at predicting how long something will take - July 27, 2023
- Pygmalion effect: The self-fulfilling prophecy - July 24, 2023