In today’s episode, I speak with Duleesha Kulasoorya about how exponential technologies are already changing the way business is done, and how companies will need to adapt in order to survive. Duleesha leads Deloitte’s Centre for the Edge practice in Asia, which tries to anticipate what will be important in the future for several industries.
We talk about not only about several case studies of changes have been happening recently, but also how large companies can change their mindset to embrace exponential thinking.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – What should be keeping your clients up at night?
- 00:02:45 – How the speed of change is increasing
- 00:04:00 – The future is already here, it is just unevenly distributed
- 00:06:00 – How “exponential” is misunderstood
- 00:08:00 – Companies are saying they want to embrace exponential technology, but are not doing enough to change their behavior
- 00:10:15 – Conviction and Courage, and why digital-first companies find it easier to be agile
- 00:13:30 – Zoom out – Zoom In
- 00:15:30 – How Mars (the candy company) is asking what their business model of the future will be
- 00:20:00 – What is an ambidextrous organisation, and how to scale at the edge of your company?
- 00:23:00 – How General Electric Appliances reinvented their development and funding model using their FirstBuild subsidiary
Links discussed in this episode:
- Deloitte Centre for the Edge: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/center-for-the-edge/topics/center-for-the-edge.html
- Duleesha’s Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/duleeshakulasooriya/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Play to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/Ifjlz5o2w27yr4wn7belsne26oq?t%3DIdea_to_Value_-_Creativity_and_Innovation%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S3E29: Roger Firestien – Learning from the man who taught the creative process to the most people in the world - December 18, 2019
- Podcast S3E48: Adam Malofsky – Innovating with your customers’ customer - December 10, 2019
- S3E47: Prof. Keith Sawyer – The Creative Classroom and improving learning outcomes - December 4, 2019
- 3 Dimensions of Innovation: the 23 Capabilities your company needs to succeed - November 28, 2019