Compare the following phrases…
- I can’t play the violin!
- We can’t handle a customer that big!
- Our product can’t meet that customer requirement!
…with these phrases:
- I can’t play the violin … yet!
- We can’t handle a customer that big … yet!
- Our product can’t meet that customer requirement … yet!
Yet is such a small but powerful word, which can transform the way you think about what is possible.
It can transform something which seems impossible now into something which just needs practice to improve.
And it can help transform a fixed mindset into a growth mindset.
Every creative journey, and every innovation, starts out looking impossible at the beginning. And yet, those which succeeded did so anyway.
So, what can you not do … yet?
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- The secret to how galleries decide which artists to promote - June 9, 2023
- Evidence that children are more creative than adults (and the opposite) - June 7, 2023
- Seth Godin – The Song of Significance: Podcast E165 - May 29, 2023
- Authority Bias: Why we submit to the ideas and orders of others - May 14, 2023
Leave A Comment