Hi everyone and welcome to the brand new Idea to Value podcast.
A lot of people have been asking me for months whether I would consider putting my knowledge and insights of creativity and innovation into a Podcast, which people could listen to whenever and wherever they liked.
Some people also tell me they learn much more effectively by listening than by reading, so I thought this would be a great way to reach more people.
In this very first episode, #001, I cover the following topics:
- What is Idea to Value all about?
- Who am I, Nick Skillicorn?
- What you can expect from the podcast
- An introduction into why so many people feel they are not creative
- The myth of the left-brain / right-brain divide
- The academic study of creativity
- The difference between “Big C” and “little c” creativity
- Whether creativity is something we are born with or whether it is nurtured
- How the brain’s ability to spot patterns affects creativity
- The importance of breaking through comfort barriers
- Learned helplessness
I hope you like the first episode, and look forward to sharing new insights with you like this regularly.
PS. This episode was made possible by our premium membership programme, Deep Creativity Training
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment