Hi everyone and welcome to the brand new Idea to Value podcast.
A lot of people have been asking me for months whether I would consider putting my knowledge and insights of creativity and innovation into a Podcast, which people could listen to whenever and wherever they liked.
Some people also tell me they learn much more effectively by listening than by reading, so I thought this would be a great way to reach more people.
In this very first episode, #001, I cover the following topics:
- What is Idea to Value all about?
- Who am I, Nick Skillicorn?
- What you can expect from the podcast
- An introduction into why so many people feel they are not creative
- The myth of the left-brain / right-brain divide
- The academic study of creativity
- The difference between “Big C” and “little c” creativity
- Whether creativity is something we are born with or whether it is nurtured
- How the brain’s ability to spot patterns affects creativity
- The importance of breaking through comfort barriers
- Learned helplessness
I hope you like the first episode, and look forward to sharing new insights with you like this regularly.
PS. This episode was made possible by our premium membership programme, Deep Creativity Training
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Flexing Your (Underused) Creative Muscle: my podcast interview with the Innovation Engine - November 27, 2017
- Why didn’t I think of that? A reusable, square wine barrel wins design award - November 20, 2017
- This emotional short animation shows how parents inadvertently stifle their children’s creativity - November 12, 2017
- Diminishing law of innovation returns and the problem with “better” - November 6, 2017