Hi everyone and welcome to the brand new Idea to Value podcast.
A lot of people have been asking me for months whether I would consider putting my knowledge and insights of creativity and innovation into a Podcast, which people could listen to whenever and wherever they liked.
Some people also tell me they learn much more effectively by listening than by reading, so I thought this would be a great way to reach more people.
In this very first episode, #001, I cover the following topics:
- What is Idea to Value all about?
- Who am I, Nick Skillicorn?
- What you can expect from the podcast
- An introduction into why so many people feel they are not creative
- The myth of the left-brain / right-brain divide
- The academic study of creativity
- The difference between “Big C” and “little c” creativity
- Whether creativity is something we are born with or whether it is nurtured
- How the brain’s ability to spot patterns affects creativity
- The importance of breaking through comfort barriers
- Learned helplessness
I hope you like the first episode, and look forward to sharing new insights with you like this regularly.
PS. This episode was made possible by our premium membership programme, Deep Creativity Training
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S4E79: Gaia Grant – the profile of highly effective innovators - September 24, 2020
- Podcast S4E78: Dorie Clark – the importance of reinventing yourself - September 17, 2020
- Podcast S4E77: Karin Hurt & David Dye – how to help people express their creative courage - September 10, 2020
- Podcast S4E76: Tamara Ghandour – unlocking your competitive advantage with innovation - September 3, 2020