What is the mindset required for innovation to flourish in an organisation?
Is this something which can be assessed and quantified, or is it always just something that is based on a feeling?
In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak again with founder, consultant and coach Janet Sernack, and find out about the recent developments in building mindsets within teams.
Topics discussed in today’s episode:
- [01:20] – Janet’s background in innovation culture
- [02:15] – How mindset affects innovation
- [04:00] – The both-and mindset
- [07:00] – An approach to mindsets which is more quantitative and evidence-based
- [08:30] – The model which assesses how mindset affects the company’s potential growth (OGI – Imagine, Resolve, Align, Analyse)
- [14:45] – How the mindset of the people needs to be aligned with the goals of the company
- [17:00] – Whether (and how) mindsets can be changed
Links discussed in today’s episode:
- Imagineneation: https://www.imaginenation.com.au
- Janet’s Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/janetsernack/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now by clicking here.
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S4E88: Moodi Mahmoudi – Ideas are not the same as innovation - November 26, 2020
- Survey shows the most important skills for 2025 will be creativity and innovation - November 24, 2020
- Podcast S4E87: Sahar Yousef – Making Superhumans - November 19, 2020
- Podcast S4E86: Linda Naiman – Creative Resilience - November 12, 2020