In today’s episode of the Idea to value podcast, we speak with bestselling author Jeff Goins.
Jeff is the author of “Real Artists don’t Starve”, and we speak about why so many creative people find out hard to make a living from their craft, and how a change in the stories they tell can change their fortunes.
Topics covered in today’s episode
- 00:01:30 Jeff’s personal journey, starting as a starving artist
- 00:03:30 How he discovered the joy of writing, even though he didn’t know what to write about
- 00:05:00 The myth of the starving artist, and how it is related to the stories we tell ourselves
- 00:08:00 During the Renaissance, many artists actually earned quite well
- 00:13:00 The difference between starving artists and thriving artists nowadays
- 00:15:30 How creative people can change their stories and mindset for success
- 00:17:30 The danger with trying to follow your passion, and what to do instead
- 00:19:00 Finding the intersection of passion, skill and demand
- 00:22:00 What keeps Jeff creative is continually pushing himself to grow
Links covered in today’s episode:
Jeff’s website: www.goinswriter.com
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023