In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Denise Jacobs, author of Banish your inner Critic, about how to overcome anxiety during this incredibly stressful time.
Quote from the episode:
You don’t have to do anything.
We don’t have to be doing stuff all the time.
Part of what people are experiencing is a deeply ingrained habit, to be busy, to be active, to be doing something…
…To be looking like you’re doing something…
For so long that this habit is what you’re trying to break.
Because intrinsically all of came out of the womb knowing how to be.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:30 – The pressure some of us are feeling to make the most of our potential in the pandemic
- 00:03:30 – This is the time for a collective global pause
- 00:05:30 – How to overcome anxiety and your inner critic
- 00:10:30 – Managing guilt caused by social media usage
- 00:13:00 – The feeling we are experiencing right now is grief
- 00:15:00 – You need to slow down and focus on the basic things
- 00:17:00 – Overcoming the anxiety that comes with not knowing what you want in life
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Denise Jacobs’ website: https://denisejacobs.com/
- Book: Banish your inner Critic: https://amzn.to/39LHT8N
- Denise on Twitter: http://twitter.com/denisejacobs
- Denise on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/deniserjacobs
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S5E111: David Robson – The Intelligence Trap - April 16, 2021
- People never think of improving something by removing parts of it - April 14, 2021
- Why physicists are excited about potentially being wrong - April 13, 2021
- I shaved my head - April 9, 2021