In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Fredrik Haren, known as the Creativity Explorer.
We speak about what we can learn about creativity from different cultures around the world.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:03:00 – Fredrik’s journey with learning about creativity from places we normally don’t go
- 00:04:30 – The difference between being an expert and explorer
- 00:05:45 – What he learned about the child of a prostitute in a slum in India: Sufferender – accepting the fact that you are suffering, and not letting that stop you
- 00:11:30 – Thailand paper artist: Sabai Sabai – Things are going to be ok. Take an idea nap when you’re feeling blocked
- 00:15:30 – Icelandic word Heimskur, means Idiot, but specifically someone who did not steal ideas from overseas and instead stayed where they were
Links mentioned in today’s episode
Fredrik’s website: https://www.fredrikharen.com/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021
- Ideas are worth nothing without execution - October 15, 2021
- Podcast S6E135: Genein Letford – Intercultural Creativity - October 14, 2021