In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Fredrik Haren, known as the Creativity Explorer.
We speak about what we can learn about creativity from different cultures around the world.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:03:00 – Fredrik’s journey with learning about creativity from places we normally don’t go
- 00:04:30 – The difference between being an expert and explorer
- 00:05:45 – What he learned about the child of a prostitute in a slum in India: Sufferender – accepting the fact that you are suffering, and not letting that stop you
- 00:11:30 – Thailand paper artist: Sabai Sabai – Things are going to be ok. Take an idea nap when you’re feeling blocked
- 00:15:30 – Icelandic word Heimskur, means Idiot, but specifically someone who did not steal ideas from overseas and instead stayed where they were
Links mentioned in today’s episode
Fredrik’s website: https://www.fredrikharen.com/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S4E82: Shama Rahman – using AI to augment human intelligence & creativity - October 15, 2020
- Podcast S4E81: John Carter – Overcoming the hurdles of designing new technology - October 8, 2020
- Podcast S4E80: Todd Henry – Finding the personal Motivation Code that drives you - October 1, 2020
- Podcast S4E79: Gaia Grant – the profile of highly effective innovators - September 24, 2020