In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Fredrik Haren, known as the Creativity Explorer.
We speak about what we can learn about creativity from different cultures around the world.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:03:00 – Fredrik’s journey with learning about creativity from places we normally don’t go
- 00:04:30 – The difference between being an expert and explorer
- 00:05:45 – What he learned about the child of a prostitute in a slum in India: Sufferender – accepting the fact that you are suffering, and not letting that stop you
- 00:11:30 – Thailand paper artist: Sabai Sabai – Things are going to be ok. Take an idea nap when you’re feeling blocked
- 00:15:30 – Icelandic word Heimskur, means Idiot, but specifically someone who did not steal ideas from overseas and instead stayed where they were
Links mentioned in today’s episode
Fredrik’s website: https://www.fredrikharen.com/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S3E67: Steve Blank – History and lessons of the Lean Startup method - July 2, 2020
- Podcast S3E66: Mark Metry – Overcoming social anxiety and shyness - June 25, 2020
- Podcast S3E65: Céline Flores Willers – Expanding your reach on Linkedin - June 18, 2020
- Podcast S3E64: Jonathan Courtney – What it takes to build a successful digital product - June 11, 2020