In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Pete Newell, Founder of BMNT.
We speak about how to align innovation strategy with operations in large organisations.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:30 – How Pete’s history in the military with the US Army’s Skunkworks influenced his journey to innovation
- 00:03:00 – The military is always in a certain state of chaos at the head of the battlefield, moving towards structure as you move up the chain of command
- 00:05:00 – How companies suffer from innovation exhaustion
- 00:06:00 – What is an innovation pipeline? From start to finish in 5 steps
- 00:09:30 – No problem survives first contact with investigation. Finding the right problems is vital
- 00:11:00 – Between every stage of an innovation pipeline, it requires someone making a decision about what is required from one activity to the next activity with another team. Many people are too focused on proving the purpose of the current activity, rather than thinking what should be the series of priorities
- 00:15:00 – How BMNT assesses a company’s current innovation pipeline
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
BMNT’s website: https://www.bmnt.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Potemkin villages and faking innovation - September 23, 2022
- Todd Henry: Developing a Daily Creative practice – Idea to Value Podcast S7E163 - September 15, 2022
- Artist wins Art Fair using painting created using A.I. image generator - September 8, 2022
- Sometimes, flat hierarchies can hurt innovation in Start-ups - September 5, 2022