In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Pete Newell, Founder of BMNT.
We speak about how to align innovation strategy with operations in large organisations.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:30 – How Pete’s history in the military with the US Army’s Skunkworks influenced his journey to innovation
- 00:03:00 – The military is always in a certain state of chaos at the head of the battlefield, moving towards structure as you move up the chain of command
- 00:05:00 – How companies suffer from innovation exhaustion
- 00:06:00 – What is an innovation pipeline? From start to finish in 5 steps
- 00:09:30 – No problem survives first contact with investigation. Finding the right problems is vital
- 00:11:00 – Between every stage of an innovation pipeline, it requires someone making a decision about what is required from one activity to the next activity with another team. Many people are too focused on proving the purpose of the current activity, rather than thinking what should be the series of priorities
- 00:15:00 – How BMNT assesses a company’s current innovation pipeline
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
BMNT’s website: https://www.bmnt.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S4E88: Moodi Mahmoudi – Ideas are not the same as innovation - November 26, 2020
- Survey shows the most important skills for 2025 will be creativity and innovation - November 24, 2020
- Podcast S4E87: Sahar Yousef – Making Superhumans - November 19, 2020
- Podcast S4E86: Linda Naiman – Creative Resilience - November 12, 2020