In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Rob Lowe, head of Value Creation and Marketing at LEGO Ventures.
We speak about what innovation and creativity mean at Lego, and how they look for partners to invest in.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:00 – What is LEGO Ventures and its purpose: Play can be a great basis of learning
- 00:03:20 – How creativity and innovation is a part of the culture at LEGO
- 00:05:00 – What makes an investment interesting for LEGO
- 00:08:30 – The reason why the Ventures team is separate from the core business
- 00:10:00 – What “value” means for LEGO, going beyong ROI
- 00:11:00 – The link between the idea and the team in how investment choices are made
- 00:14:00 – The dangers of diversifying innovation too far from the core business
- 00:18:00 – What LEGO has learned about venture building so far. In order to be excellent, you need to narrow your focus
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- LEGO Ventures website: https://legoventures.com/
- Rob Lowe’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roblowe3/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment