In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Rob Lowe, head of Value Creation and Marketing at LEGO Ventures.
We speak about what innovation and creativity mean at Lego, and how they look for partners to invest in.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:00 – What is LEGO Ventures and its purpose: Play can be a great basis of learning
- 00:03:20 – How creativity and innovation is a part of the culture at LEGO
- 00:05:00 – What makes an investment interesting for LEGO
- 00:08:30 – The reason why the Ventures team is separate from the core business
- 00:10:00 – What “value” means for LEGO, going beyong ROI
- 00:11:00 – The link between the idea and the team in how investment choices are made
- 00:14:00 – The dangers of diversifying innovation too far from the core business
- 00:18:00 – What LEGO has learned about venture building so far. In order to be excellent, you need to narrow your focus
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- LEGO Ventures website: https://legoventures.com/
- Rob Lowe’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roblowe3/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S4E79: Gaia Grant – the profile of highly effective innovators - September 24, 2020
- Podcast S4E78: Dorie Clark – the importance of reinventing yourself - September 17, 2020
- Podcast S4E77: Karin Hurt & David Dye – how to help people express their creative courage - September 10, 2020
- Podcast S4E76: Tamara Ghandour – unlocking your competitive advantage with innovation - September 3, 2020