In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with the world’s #1 Communications Coach and Top 50 Business Thinkers in the World, Dorie Clark.
Dorie also teaches executive education at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Columbia Business School, and we talk about the importance of reinventing yourself and how best to communicate your value.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:02:00 – why it’s so important to be able to reinvent yourself, either by choice or by necessity
- 00:03:00 – how to get over the challenges of changing course
- 00:06:30 – how to rebrand yourself
- 00:09:30 – how to find out what you might be passionate about, but you don’t know what
- 00:12:00 – finding disconfirming evidence by getting data points
- 00:14:30 – what people get wrong about communicating their value. Use more nouns and fewer adjectives
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- Dorie’s free Reinventing You self-assessment: https://dorieclark.com/reinvent
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021
- Ideas are worth nothing without execution - October 15, 2021
- Podcast S6E135: Genein Letford – Intercultural Creativity - October 14, 2021