In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Dr Gaia Grant, a researcher into innovation and founder of Tirian Consulting.
We speak about the need for contextual ambidexterity and the profile of highly effective innovators.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:02:30 – Gaia’s research into ambidextrous paradoxes around innovation, where leaders can think in multiple different ways
- 00:07:00 – What makes up an innovation leader profile
- 00:10:00 – What is the team makeup profile to develop a portfolio of innovations
- 00:12:00 – The tensions between the need to explore and preservation
- 00:16:00 – Contextual ambidexterity is where people have the training to switch their thinking depending on the needs
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- The Innovation Race assessment: https://the-innovation-race.com/
- Dr Gaia Grant’s website: https://andrewgaiagrant.com/
- Tirian Learning and Development: https://www.tirian.com/
- Dr Gaia Grant’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gaia-grant
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What is the ambition matrix and how does it work as part of an innovation portfolio? - January 26, 2021
- Building bridges vs Finished Bridges - January 25, 2021
- Tall Poppy syndrome vs Tall Weed syndrome - January 22, 2021
- Podcast S4E96: Jeff DeGraff – Mastering the 6 skills of the creative mindset - January 21, 2021