In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with serial entrepreneur and author Steve Glaveski.
Steve runs Collective Campus, an innovation accelerator based in Melbourne and Singapore that works with large organizations around the globe, and is also the author of multiple bestselling books on the topic of innovation, including his most recent book “Time Rich” which is all about how to get your best work done while also leading a balanced life.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:00 – His journey to starting Collective Campus, working with startups and corporations across the world
- 00:03:00 – The case for the 6 hour workday, and getting away from being anchored to the past
- 00:06:30 – Why most companies have a C.R.A.P. culture
- 00:08:00 – People cannot spend time in their FLOW state because they are constantly being distracted
- 00:11:00 – Can you get to success while also living a balanced life, and not succumbing to hustle culture?
- 00:15:30 – The benefits of asynchronous communication
- 00:18:45 – One quick tip to begin: spend the first hour of your day on high-value activities
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Time Rich book: https://www.timerichbook.com/
- Steve Glaveski’s website: https://www.steveglaveski.com/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Conan O’Brien quote on doing great creative work - March 5, 2021
- Podcast S5E105: Perry Marshall – Detox, Declutter, Dominate - March 4, 2021
- Sarcasm can boost creativity in teams (well yeah, obviously…) - March 3, 2021
- Don’t be a Superfluous Man - March 2, 2021