In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with author Greg Orme. Greg’s book The Human Edge was voted as the business book of the year.
We speak about how artificial intelligence is changing the nature of work, and how people can improve their capabilities to stay relevant in the future.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – Machines are coming for white collar jobs for the first time
- 00:04:45 – What types of jobs are most at risk of automation
- 00:06:30 – How our relationship with machines is changing based on narrow A.I.
- 00:10:45 – The 4Cs of the Human Edge: Consciousness, Curiosity, Creativity, Collaboration
- 00:16:00 – The beginning of artificial creativity, and how humans still have an advantage
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Greg’s website: https://gregorme.org/
- Greg’s Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregorme/
- Greg’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/gregoryorme
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S5E125: Ben Hunt-Davis – Perform like an Olympic Gold Medallist - July 22, 2021
- The Ambiguity Effect bias - July 21, 2021
- Disruption is not a strategy - July 20, 2021
- 1000 True Fans - July 19, 2021