In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with South African serial entrepreneur Adii Pienaar about Life Profitability.
After starting and selling several successful businesses, including the company which went on to become WooCommerce, Adii asked himself why he wasn’t feeling fulfilled. In his new book, he talks about his own experiences defining and finding Life Profitability.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Adii’s journey and realising his entrepreneurial spirit
- 00:03:30 – Why selling his businesses didn’t fill him with a sense of fulfillment and finding his definition of success
- 00:06:30 – His breakdown which resulted in changing his mindset
- 00:10:30 – What is Life Profitability?
- 00:14:30 – People trade certain freedoms for other restrictions
- 00:16:30 – Setting expectations about when is enough, comparing yourselves to others and underestimating how much time you have left
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Adii’s website: https://adii.me/
- Adii’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/adii
- Life Profitability book: https://amzn.to/3kndSmC
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Who is more creative: Oldest, middle or youngest siblings? - May 12, 2021
- What are you trying to improve? - May 11, 2021
- The lowest common denominator - May 7, 2021
- Podcast S5E114: Stefano Mastrogiacomo – High Impact Tools for Teams - May 6, 2021