In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with South African serial entrepreneur Adii Pienaar about Life Profitability.
After starting and selling several successful businesses, including the company which went on to become WooCommerce, Adii asked himself why he wasn’t feeling fulfilled. In his new book, he talks about his own experiences defining and finding Life Profitability.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Adii’s journey and realising his entrepreneurial spirit
- 00:03:30 – Why selling his businesses didn’t fill him with a sense of fulfillment and finding his definition of success
- 00:06:30 – His breakdown which resulted in changing his mindset
- 00:10:30 – What is Life Profitability?
- 00:14:30 – People trade certain freedoms for other restrictions
- 00:16:30 – Setting expectations about when is enough, comparing yourselves to others and underestimating how much time you have left
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Adii’s website: https://adii.me/
- Adii’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/adii
- Life Profitability book: https://amzn.to/3kndSmC
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- How music streaming has transformed songwriting - July 26, 2021
- Podcast S5E125: Ben Hunt-Davis – Perform like an Olympic Gold Medallist - July 22, 2021
- The Ambiguity Effect bias - July 21, 2021
- Disruption is not a strategy - July 20, 2021