In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with South African serial entrepreneur Adii Pienaar about Life Profitability.
After starting and selling several successful businesses, including the company which went on to become WooCommerce, Adii asked himself why he wasn’t feeling fulfilled. In his new book, he talks about his own experiences defining and finding Life Profitability.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Adii’s journey and realising his entrepreneurial spirit
- 00:03:30 – Why selling his businesses didn’t fill him with a sense of fulfillment and finding his definition of success
- 00:06:30 – His breakdown which resulted in changing his mindset
- 00:10:30 – What is Life Profitability?
- 00:14:30 – People trade certain freedoms for other restrictions
- 00:16:30 – Setting expectations about when is enough, comparing yourselves to others and underestimating how much time you have left
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Adii’s website: https://adii.me/
- Adii’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/adii
- Life Profitability book: https://amzn.to/3kndSmC
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment