In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with South African serial entrepreneur Adii Pienaar about Life Profitability.
After starting and selling several successful businesses, including the company which went on to become WooCommerce, Adii asked himself why he wasn’t feeling fulfilled. In his new book, he talks about his own experiences defining and finding Life Profitability.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Adii’s journey and realising his entrepreneurial spirit
- 00:03:30 – Why selling his businesses didn’t fill him with a sense of fulfillment and finding his definition of success
- 00:06:30 – His breakdown which resulted in changing his mindset
- 00:10:30 – What is Life Profitability?
- 00:14:30 – People trade certain freedoms for other restrictions
- 00:16:30 – Setting expectations about when is enough, comparing yourselves to others and underestimating how much time you have left
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Adii’s website: https://adii.me/
- Adii’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/adii
- Life Profitability book: https://amzn.to/3kndSmC
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What the Asch conformity studies tell us about fitting in at work - October 22, 2021
- Podcast S6E136: Kaiser Yang – Crack the innovation Code - October 21, 2021
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021