In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with one of the original kings of paid marketing, Perry Marshall.
Perry wrote the highest-selling book on internet advertising, the Utlimate Guide to Google Ads, and has since spent his time refining the 80/20 Pareto principle into strategies to help companies focus on the parts of their business which bring the most reward.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:30 – Perry’s history in cracking how to do online advertising. Times of great uncertainty are times of great opportunity.
- 00:07:00 – How Google changed the way advertising works
- 00:09:30 – There is no longer an advantage to doing more and more all the time
- 00:13:30 – How a surprise visit from Perry’s brother started the journey to reducing everything in his business and life
- 00:17:00 – The 80/20 principle is about choosing what not to do, then allowing you to focus on what works better
- 00:22:00 – The 2,700 Dollar espresso machine
- 00:25:00 – How to use the 80/20 principle in your personal life as well
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- Perry’s website: https://www.perrymarshall.com
- Book: https://www.perrymarshall.com/detox-declutter-dominate/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What the Asch conformity studies tell us about fitting in at work - October 22, 2021
- Podcast S6E136: Kaiser Yang – Crack the innovation Code - October 21, 2021
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021