In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with international creativity advocate Dr Robert Alan Black. We touch on his history working with the late, great Prof Paul E Torrance and speak about the history of creativity research.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:15 – Dr Black’s history in architecture and advertising, leading him to the new field of creativity research
- 00:06:30 – Who was Prof Paul E Torrance and his impact on the field of creativity research
- 00:09:30 – How creativity tests were developed in the 1950s
- 00:12:30 – The differences between creativity and highly creative thinking, which is “generation of new (to you) ideas”
- 00:14:30 – The difference between analytical, intuitive and divergent thinking
- 00:19:00 – The challenge of develop creative thinking skills
- 00:22:30 – Moving away from studying sick people, to studying psychology
- 00:26:30 – How people can learn to improve their creative thinking skills, using the SPREAD framework
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Cre8ing website: http://www.cre8ng.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- The lowest common denominator - May 7, 2021
- Podcast S5E114: Stefano Mastrogiacomo – High Impact Tools for Teams - May 6, 2021
- The story of the Vasa, the innovative ship that sunk immediately - May 5, 2021
- Join me on 18th May, for a live “Ask Me Anything” session - May 4, 2021