In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with head of Incumetrics and innovation author, Robin Gaster.
We talk about the giant that is Amazon, how it manages to innovate and whether this is a sustainable model of innovation for other companies.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:00 – Why Robin thinks that Amazon is the most important innovator of our times
- 00.05:15 – The major turning points and innovations in Amazon’s history (Marketplace, Prime, Logistics and AWS)
- 00:15:30 – Where his insights came from when Amazon are so secretive
- 00:17:30 – People don’t realise that Amazon’s retail business made a loss of $32 Billion
- 00:22:00 – The company is obsessed with growth, and serving the customer, no matter what
- 00:26:00 – How Amazon is treating their workers like robots
- 00:28:00 – When it comes to a culture of driving innovation, do the ends justify the means?
- 00:30:30 – Amazon’s next big business: Healthcare
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Behemoth, Amazon Rising: Power and Seduction in the Age of Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TxtWt3
- Incumetrics Innovation Analytics: https://incumetrics.com/
- Robin’s website: http://www.robingaster.com
- Robin’s Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robin-gaster-b58b385/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Ideas are worth nothing without execution - October 15, 2021
- Podcast S6E135: Genein Letford – Intercultural Creativity - October 14, 2021
- Overton Window: How extreme ideas become mainstream - October 13, 2021
- Exploitation pays your salary while exploration pays your pension - October 12, 2021