In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, previously LIVE on Linkedin, we speak with Elvin Turner, author of “Be Less Zombie“.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:15 – What it means to be less zombie
- 00:04:00 – The deliberate choice of creating an environment where new ideas can flourish
- 00:07:30 – The difference between having a performance space, and a rehearsal space
- 00:10:45 – The challenge of most companies not having an innovation strategy, and how companies can quickly develop one
- 00:14:00 – The value of thinking in experiments to find out what needs to be true, and reducing the price of failure
- 00:19:00 – How to help bring decision-makers on board for innovation, by teaching them the appropriate new skills
- 00:23:45 – The challenge of knowing how best to be creative at work
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Be Less Zombie: How Great Companies Create Dynamic Innovation, Fearless Leadership and Passionate People https://amzn.to/3CJ633x
- Elvin’s website: https://www.elvinturner.com/
- Elvin Turner’s Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elvint/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S6E132: David Schonthal – The frictions which prevent innovation adoption - September 23, 2021
- What are you actually working for? - September 22, 2021
- Abilene’s paradox: How we decide to do things nobody really wants - September 10, 2021
- Podcast S6E131: Colin Hunter – Building playgrounds for innovation - September 9, 2021