In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Kaiser Yang, Founder of Platypus Labs and author of the upcoming innovation book Crack the Code: 8 Surprising Keys to unlock innovation.
We speak about what it takes to apply creativity to build successful innovations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – The seven primary inhibitors of creativity: The most powerful one is fear
- 00:05:00 – What are people afraid of?
- 00:07:15 – The importance of permission
- 00:09:30 – The 8 keys to build innovation
- 00:15:00 – A great case study from a bank in Poland
- 00:16:30 – The importance of prioritising and executing ideas
- 00:18:45 – How to give your team a compass instead of a map
Links mentioned in this episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Potemkin villages and faking innovation - September 23, 2022
- Todd Henry: Developing a Daily Creative practice – Idea to Value Podcast S7E163 - September 15, 2022
- Artist wins Art Fair using painting created using A.I. image generator - September 8, 2022
- Sometimes, flat hierarchies can hurt innovation in Start-ups - September 5, 2022