In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Kaiser Yang, Founder of Platypus Labs and author of the upcoming innovation book Crack the Code: 8 Surprising Keys to unlock innovation.
We speak about what it takes to apply creativity to build successful innovations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – The seven primary inhibitors of creativity: The most powerful one is fear
- 00:05:00 – What are people afraid of?
- 00:07:15 – The importance of permission
- 00:09:30 – The 8 keys to build innovation
- 00:15:00 – A great case study from a bank in Poland
- 00:16:30 – The importance of prioritising and executing ideas
- 00:18:45 – How to give your team a compass instead of a map
Links mentioned in this episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- A baby can play soccer, but not volleyball - December 6, 2021
- Why do humans see threats when there are none? - December 3, 2021
- Podcast S6E141: Kapil Kane – Building Innovation capabilities at Intel - December 2, 2021
- If you are an artist, stop masturbating - December 1, 2021