In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Kaiser Yang, Founder of Platypus Labs and author of the upcoming innovation book Crack the Code: 8 Surprising Keys to unlock innovation.
We speak about what it takes to apply creativity to build successful innovations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – The seven primary inhibitors of creativity: The most powerful one is fear
- 00:05:00 – What are people afraid of?
- 00:07:15 – The importance of permission
- 00:09:30 – The 8 keys to build innovation
- 00:15:00 – A great case study from a bank in Poland
- 00:16:30 – The importance of prioritising and executing ideas
- 00:18:45 – How to give your team a compass instead of a map
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Platypus Labs: https://platypuslabs.com/
- Crack the Code book: https://cracktheinnovationcode.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment