In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with master facilitator Jeff Shannon, author of the bestselling Hard work is not enough
We speak about what it takes to get recognition for your leadership and capabilities.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:15 – The myth about how far hard work will take you in your career
- 00:05:00 – What it takes to get influence and build trust, by building believability
- 00:08:15 – How to work hard, but additionally also build your reputation
- 00:12:00 – The conflict between an internal focus but still letting people know what you are trying to achieve
- 00:14:45 – A story about embracing the experiences by drinking ants
- 00:17:00 – How hummingbirds can see things that others cannot, which presents different options
- 00:21:00 – How to prevent becoming overwhelmed by too many options
- 00:24:00 – Answering the question: What do you want?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Jeff’s website: https://www.jeffshannon.com/
- Bravium: https://www.braviumhd.com/
- Book: Hard work is not enough: https://amzn.to/3Cs3zFy
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S7E161: Tiffani Bova – Employee Experience leading to Customer Experience - May 19, 2022
- Spontaneous movements may kickstart your creativity - May 18, 2022
- Novelty Bias - May 17, 2022
- Winning for the wrong reasons - May 16, 2022