In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Kapil Kane, director of innovation at Intel in China, and founder of Growth X.
We speak about what it takes for innovation to surface from new parts of the ecosystem, the challenges of innovating in China and building innovation capabilities at a research-driven company.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:00 – Kapil’s history at Apple and Intel, and how this brought
- 00:03:00 – The pace and style of innovation at Intel in China (especially Shenzhen)
- 00:06:45 – What it was like at Intel when competitors began to out-innovate them
- 00:11:30 – How to communicate innovation within a company
- 00:14:30 – How important finding new sources of innovation
- 00:17:30 – Finding new ways of innovating beyond products
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Kapil’s Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilkane
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Having an argument with Artificial Intelligence - December 6, 2022
- Tackle the monkey first - December 5, 2022
- Balancing your innovation portfolio: Does the 70-20-10 rule still apply? - November 28, 2022
- Why Facebook needed to let go of 13% of their workforce - November 21, 2022