In this episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Dr Rosemary Rein, current SVP of Innovation Minds and former Head of Learning at Wikipedia and the United Way. She is also the author of “Go Wild! Survival Skills for Business & Life” and has lived through volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and landslides.
We learn about some of the primary learnings which corporations can take from innovation at startups, and getting the most out of hybrid work.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – The challenges of promoting learning at large non-profits and corporations
- 00:06:30 – Blockers to innovation in large corporations
- 00:08:00 – Trends in retail for 2021 and 2022
- 00:11:00 – The trends in hybrid work and how to improve teams’ ability to work across borders
- 00:13:00 – The requirement for strong leadership and noticing progress
- 00:16:00 – Taking the risk out of risk-taking: The Fail Fest
- 00:20:00 – Speeding up innovation progress using secrets from Silicon Valley
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Innovation Minds: https://innovationminds.com/
- Dr Rein’s website: https://www.rosemaryrein.com/
- Trendhunter report 2022: https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/2022-trend-report-research
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- The secret to how galleries decide which artists to promote - June 9, 2023
- Evidence that children are more creative than adults (and the opposite) - June 7, 2023
- Seth Godin – The Song of Significance: Podcast E165 - May 29, 2023
- Authority Bias: Why we submit to the ideas and orders of others - May 14, 2023
Leave A Comment