In today’s episode of the the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Michael Lee, SVP of Strategy at Innovation Minds and the only internationally certified Creativity and Innovation Coach in the world.
We speak about his views on what innovation is, how it is all around us, and how to unlock it in your teams.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:04:30 – Michael’s history teaching Creativity from The Artist’s Way, through Flow and finding his own system
- 00:08:00 – How people setting their biases, identity and filters results in lower creativity
- 00:15:30 – The issues preventing innovation succeeding at companies
- 00:19:30 – The importance of innovating yourself
- 00:23:30 – The importance of leadership also being open to new ideas and building their capabilities
- 00:26:00 – Is innovation and creativity the same thing?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Innovation Minds: https://innovationminds.com/
- Innotivity: https://innotivityinstitute.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Can you separate Art from the Artist? - March 30, 2023
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
Leave A Comment