In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with PR expert Donna Loughlin. She is the CEO and founder of LMG PR, and is known for her work with futurists and innovators finding narratives that connect with your audience.
We speak about what it means to craft a powerful narrative, authenticity, and storytelling for new innovations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Donna’s background as a journalist and working with innovators in Silicon Valley
- 00:04:00 – Why you cannot just market your products based on technical features (“High Tech Poetry”), as the customer might not care
- 00:06:45 – Disruption is not an effective innovation strategy, and many innovation leaders may suffer from “Ego Engineering”
- 00:10:45 – Why some departments are not keen on new innovations because they don’t know what to do with it
- 00:12:30 – Storytelling skills to connect with customers, and where the best ideas come from moments of discovery
- 00:18:30 – Determining if there really is a need for your product, or if you have just developed a solution without a problem
- 00:21:45 – Finding the truth for an authentic narrative, compared to myths and lies
Links mentioned in this episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Potemkin villages and faking innovation - September 23, 2022
- Todd Henry: Developing a Daily Creative practice – Idea to Value Podcast S7E163 - September 15, 2022
- Artist wins Art Fair using painting created using A.I. image generator - September 8, 2022
- Sometimes, flat hierarchies can hurt innovation in Start-ups - September 5, 2022