In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with PR expert Donna Loughlin. She is the CEO and founder of LMG PR, and is known for her work with futurists and innovators finding narratives that connect with your audience.
We speak about what it means to craft a powerful narrative, authenticity, and storytelling for new innovations.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Donna’s background as a journalist and working with innovators in Silicon Valley
- 00:04:00 – Why you cannot just market your products based on technical features (“High Tech Poetry”), as the customer might not care
- 00:06:45 – Disruption is not an effective innovation strategy, and many innovation leaders may suffer from “Ego Engineering”
- 00:10:45 – Why some departments are not keen on new innovations because they don’t know what to do with it
- 00:12:30 – Storytelling skills to connect with customers, and where the best ideas come from moments of discovery
- 00:18:30 – Determining if there really is a need for your product, or if you have just developed a solution without a problem
- 00:21:45 – Finding the truth for an authentic narrative, compared to myths and lies
Links mentioned in this episode:
- LMG PR: https://www.lmgpr.com
- Donna on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/donnal2/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment