In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Innovation Leader management team of Scott Kirsner (previously on the podcast here) and Alex Slawsby about the breaking new InnoLead report “Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023“.
We cover the most important data on innovation teams, including the changes in appetite for different types of innovation projects based on the uncertainty in the coming 2023 economy.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:04:00 – The target audience for the 2023 report is anyone involved in innovation in companies with 5,000+ employees
- 00:08:00 – The data the previous reports from 2018 and 2020 on what innovation portfolio mixes look like
- 00:13:30 – The 2023 data shows companies are less willing to invest in transformational innovation
- 00:18:00 – How different teams appear to define the ambition of innovation differently
- 00:22:45 – The top 10 challenges to innovation in companies
- 00:24:30 – CEOs are supporting innovation, but executive support seems to be decreasing
- 00:30:00 – The top 8 enablers of innovation success
- 00:33:45 – Innovation teams are choosing to work in a hybrid manner
- 00:41:00 – The trends with hiring and innovation team sizes
- 00:44:30 – How budgets for innovation teams are falling compared to previous years
- 00:47:15 – Not enough innovation leaders are acting like intrapreneurs
- 00:50:00 – This is the year where innovation teams either prove their value or experience pruning
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Nick’s summary of the 2023 data and report on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/leaders-invest-less-transformational-innovation-due-fears-skillicorn/
- The full report: https://www.innovationleader.com/research-reports/benchmarking-innovation-impact-2023/
- Innolead website: https://www.innovationleader.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment