I want to wish you a very happy new year, and hope you enjoy tonight’s 2019 New Year’s Eve as much as I plan on it.
Hopefully, 2018 has been successful for you, with lots of creative ideas, and many of those turned into real innovations.
I have been thinking back on the past year, about what has gone well and what should be the focus for next year.
What has gone well in 2018:
- Further awards for Idea to Value as one of the best Innovation blogs in the world: We recently had two of our articles nominated for the best innovation articles of the year, and were picked as winners in both categories. This makes me immensely proud, as I put a lot of emphasis on making sure that this is a website driven by high-quality, well-researched content and insights, and promise to keep this as a core value in the coming years.
- Successful client engagements: As part of my innovation work with Deloitte in Sydney, I have been fortunate to work with some amazing clients on building their innovation ambitions and capabilities. While this has meant I haven’t had as much time to devote to writing articles this year, I look forward to more of this direct client contact next year as well.
- Big personal milestones: While I won’t go into too much detail, I had a very important question which I was hoping to answer this year. And fortunately, the answer was Yes. This will hopefully lead to one of the big next milestones in 2019 😉
- Back-end automation and enhancements on the website: Most people don’t realise how much work goes into managing a successful blog. While you might not see the changes directly, I have spent a lot of time automating processes to help make the blog run on autopilot.
- Speaking engagements around Australia: 2018 was a fantastic year when it comes to speaking engagements and leading workshops. This has included the wonderful Innov8rs conference in Sydney, being a guest lecturer at UTS on the science of creativity (image below) and workshops in Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Thank you Bem Le Hunte for organising and all students attending pic.twitter.com/c6LZVLpGlk
— Idea to Value (@ideatovalue) December 14, 2018
With all this being said, what can you expect to see in 2019?
What is the plan for 2019?
In one word: Videos.
So while I will still be producing some of the best long-form innovation and creativity blog articles in 2019, expect to see a lot of video content as well.
This will include not only additional longer interviews with other experts and entrepreneurs, but also a larger number of short, bite-sized videos which are designed to be enjoyed on the go and on mobile.
That is my promise to you.
So here’s to a great 2019.
What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What the Asch conformity studies tell us about fitting in at work - October 22, 2021
- Podcast S6E136: Kaiser Yang – Crack the innovation Code - October 21, 2021
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021