I was recently asked to contribute to an expert roundup article by Anthony J James, who was recently voted Linkedin’s Asia Pacific Agency Publisher of the Year.
Amongst several other innovation thought leaders, he wanted to know my thoughts on what it takes to get large companies to be more willing to try out disruptive innovations.
Here were my answers to his three questions:
1.What’s the best way you’ve seen of fostering disruptive innovation in a large enterprise?
The best way to foster disruptive innovation at established organisations is to get them to understand that it isn’t just about new products, it can be about any change which adds value to the end customer.
This could be anything from the product itself, the service that comes with it, new business models, how the customer is informed and cared for and even how the operations work. Probably one of the best introductions to this topic comes from the book “Ten Types of Innovation” by Doblin, which I would recommend every leader to read.
2. Are there any others you think disruptive innovation should be fostered? Can you elaborate on these?
3. In your opinion, should enterprises be focused more on disruptive or incremental innovation?
I would strongly recommend you read his full article on Linkedin to see the responses from some of the industry’s top experts.
Do you like insights into innovation like this?
Then sign up for your FREE account from Idea to Value to not only get great pieces of insight like this every week, but also free training on improving your creativity and company innovation capabilities from some of the world’s leading innovation experts.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- 65% of Venture Capital-backed deals fail to return investment, and only 4% make substantial returns - October 15, 2018
- New study shows whether collaboration is more effective than working alone (hint: it isn’t the best way…) - October 5, 2018
- What can an electronics scrapyard in Ghana teach us about innovation? - September 10, 2018
- Sydney Innov8rs conference: Come and learn from me and 40+ live innovation speakers - September 3, 2018