There is no such thing as an overnight success.
A lot of people are intimidated to start their next creative project, innovation or business because they see how good other people already are.
And in today’s social-media-driven world, how easy these successful people make their success look.
What’s the point in starting if I’ll never be as good as them?
Well just remember one thing:
Everyone, no matter what they do, also started at zero.
They took time to get to where they are now, just as you would have to invest time to build up your skills and experience (especially with deliberate practice).
- Rome wasn’t built in a day
- Jeff Bezos spent his 20s job hopping around Wall Street before building Amazon, and that then took 9 years to make its first profit.
- Beyonce spent 7 years building up Destiny’s Child (from the age of 9) before their first successful single.
- JK Rowling was rejected 12 times in a row when pitching Harry Potter to publishers
- Colonel Sanders didn’t start his Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise until he was 65
It’s never to late, or early, to start something new.
Don’t be intimidated by others.
They likely struggled in ways that the world never sees as well.
You will have hurdles along the way.
But start anyway.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Seth Godin – The Song of Significance: Podcast E165 - May 29, 2023
- Authority Bias: Why we submit to the ideas and orders of others - May 14, 2023
- What impact does sleep have on creativity? - April 21, 2023
- Slowly getting more capable - April 12, 2023
Leave A Comment