We know that our surroundings can impact our creative performance and ability to innovate.
So how can we adjust our surroundings to help us to achieve our best work possible?
Well, several pieces of research have looked at how colour around you affects your creative performance.
And it turns out that different colours can help you focus (to be productive in your creative challenges), while other colours help improve your divergent thinking (so you can come up with lots of ideas).
And what are those colours? According to research studies:
- The best colour for focus: Red
- The best colours for more creative thinking: Blue and Green (and especially green plants)
So in an ideal situation, you can vary your surroundings and their colours depending on the type of work you want to achieve (focus or divergent thinking).
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Podcast S5E125: Ben Hunt-Davis – Perform like an Olympic Gold Medallist - July 22, 2021
- The Ambiguity Effect bias - July 21, 2021
- Disruption is not a strategy - July 20, 2021
- 1000 True Fans - July 19, 2021