In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we interview Peter Cook from the Academy of Rock.
Peter takes lessons from his long experience in both the business and musical industries, and meshes them together to help companies improve the way they approach challenges.
We go through some of the major things which businesses and leaders can learn from music.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Why it is easier to swallow hard truths if they are sugar coated (03:00)
- Musical dissonance and cognitive dissonance, and listening effectively (03:40)
- How to practice effectively to actually see improvement (05:30)
- How business leaders can use the idea of “flow” like musicians (07:20)
- Why trying to “force flow” will fail (09:35)
- What is “purposeful improvisation” (11:30)
- The danger of working on an idea with no exposure to an audience (14:00)
Human Dynamics http://humdyn.co.uk/aboutus/
This episode was made possible by our premium members and the Deep Creativity training system. Sign up now to get exclusive creativity exercises every single day and take your ability to generate ideas to the next level. Use coupon code PODCAST for 25% off your first month. Find out more at https://www.ideatovalue.com/deepcreativity/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Want to be an artist or designer? New study shows you need rich parents - July 16, 2018
- Study shows a desire for startups and corporates to work more together by 2025 - July 7, 2018
- That cup of coffee is killing your creativity, kid - July 1, 2018
- Why is this company giving $1,000 to anyone with an idea? - July 1, 2018