In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Nick White from Deloitte Sydney about a new innovation which has been receiving a lot of attention, called “Deloitte Assist”.
Deloitte Assist is a way for patients in a hospital to ask for help using their voice, so that nurses and doctors know exactly what the patient needs before arriving at their bedside.
Historically, and still the case in most hospitals, the only way that a patient has to ask for help or attention is a button to press next to their bed.
This could be help for anything from being in pain, to having fallen and being seriously injured, to wanting something to drink or asking for the TV channel to be changed. Not all requests are as urgent as others.
Deloitte Assist was conceived after a Deloitte partner saw how his father suffered while he was in a critical condition in hospital, and asked himself if there was a better way to help both the patients and those attending to them.
The solution uses Amazon’s voice recognition features built into Alexa and its Echo devices, to allow the patients to speak with the system, letting it know what they need, and alerting the relevant nurses allowing them to prioritise their work much more effectively.
The solution has already won several innovation awards, like the AMY Grand Prix (https://www.dtcollective.org.au/awards/amy-award-winners) and helping Deloitte be listed as one of Australia’s most Innovative companies in 2018 (https://mostinnovative.com.au/).
Listen to the interview above to find out more about how the system was imagined, designed and implemented.
It is an excellent example of how even the largest companies can still innovate.
Links mentioned in this episode:
* Deloitte Assist: https://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/public-sector/solutions/dassist.html
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/ using the links above.
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021
- Ideas are worth nothing without execution - October 15, 2021
- Podcast S6E135: Genein Letford – Intercultural Creativity - October 14, 2021
- Overton Window: How extreme ideas become mainstream - October 13, 2021