In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with multiple entrepreneur Josh Linkner, about how to apply discipline to creativity.
Josh is a talented Jazz guitarist, as well as having written bestselling books and starting and selling multiple technology companies. Today we talk about what it takes to make creativity a ritual in your company.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:02:00 – Everyone can be creative. We are born to be creative
- 00:04:00 – How you can apply discipline to creativity
- 00:05:00 – What holds most people back is fear
- 00:06:00 – How can you become an artist in your own field? What is the risk of doing nothing?
- 00:08:15 – How to build up rituals and rewards to encourage creativity
- 00:10:30 – You don’t always need to try to disrupt the industry with breakthrough innovations from the start
- 00:13:00 – The “Judo Flip” technique, to do the opposite of what is conventional wisdom
- 00:14:00 – Role Storming, brainstorming while performing a character
- 00:17:00 – How to make creativity a daily habit in a corporation
Links mentioned in this episode:
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What the Asch conformity studies tell us about fitting in at work - October 22, 2021
- Podcast S6E136: Kaiser Yang – Crack the innovation Code - October 21, 2021
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021