In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Mark Metry, host of the popular Humans 2.0 podcast and author of Screw Being Shy: Learn How to Manage Social Anxiety and Be Yourself in Front of Anyone
We speak about overcoming anxiety, mental illness and living a more fulfilling life.
Topics covered in today’s episode:
- 00:01:15 – How Mark spent the first 18 years of his life trying to hide himself and his message, due to his social anxiety
- 00:05:15 – How creative people feel fear about releasing their ideas, especially introverts
- 00:07:00 – How your body creates a negative feedback loop during social situations, which makes you feel even more anxious
- 00:11:30 – The impact of social media on comparing yourselves to other people
- 00:15:15 – Humans take much longer than other animals to learn about the external and internal world
- 00:19:45 – Ways to overcome shyness and social anxiety, including using FLOW
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
- Mark’s website: https://www.markmetry.com/
- Humans 2.0 podcast: https://www.markmetry.com/humans-2-0-podcast
- Mark’s Book: Screw Being Shy: https://amzn.to/2WcDfgC
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Can you separate Art from the Artist? - March 30, 2023
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
Leave A Comment