In this episode of the Idea to Value, we speak with Dave Birss. Dave is a musician, educator, author and facilitator with a focus on improving creativity.
We speak about how to keep up creativity in the times of remote working, and how to think laterally to live consciously again.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – How Dave’s Scottish background sparked his interest in invention and innovation
- 00:04:45 – How he found the power of education in creativity
- 00:08:30 – How people’s ability to come up with ideas has been impacted by a time of crisis
- 00:09:45 – The issue is not idea generation techniques, it is about getting new inputs
- 00:12:30 – How the future of work will change, and which industries will be impacted
- 00:17:00 – How to change the way workshops and meetings can be done effectively
- 00:21:00 – How to start living consciously again, with lateral thinking
- 00:25:00 – Are times of crisis a time to innovate, or save budgets? Interesting insights from a study by HBR.
- 00:29:45 – Most innovation fails at the point of handover between teams
Links mentioned in this episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- What the Asch conformity studies tell us about fitting in at work - October 22, 2021
- Podcast S6E136: Kaiser Yang – Crack the innovation Code - October 21, 2021
- You don’t need to invent everything new to be innovative - October 20, 2021
- Ideas are a combination of existing knowledge - October 18, 2021