In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Dorte Nielsen, founder of the Centre of Creative Thinking in Denmark, and author of The Secrets of Highly Creative Thinkers.
We speak about the successes and challenges she has had in bringing creativity into Danish classrooms.
Topics mentioned in this episode:
- 00:01:00 – How Dorte got started in teaching creativity
- 00:02:30 – Why creativity training and skills are so important
- 00:04:00 – The importance of being able to see new connections and how this can be trained
- 00:07:30 – The brain is plastic, and creativity is a skill that can be taught
- 00:09:30 – Creativity in schools needs to go beyond art classes. Dorte explains the results of an experiment teaching creativity to primary school students and teachers
- 00:12:30 – Teachers sometimes see creativity as a negative trait. But through training this can also be improved
- 00:14:00 – Creativity training resulted in students and staff taking fewer sick days
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Dorte’s website: https://www.dortenielsen.com
- Copenhagen center for creative thinking: http://creativethinker.com/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment