In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with serial entrepreneur and investor Jeff Wald. Jeff’s most recent company, Work Market, an enterprise software platform that enables companies to manage freelancers was acquired by ADP in 2018.
We speak about some of research behind understanding how the job market has changed over the past decades, and what this says about how it will change in the future.
Topics mentioned in today’s episode:
- 00:02:30 – The myths about how the future of work will change, especially around remote workforces
- 00:08:00 – How workers and societies adjusted to the previous industrial revolutions, with more jobs being created than were lost
- 00:10:30 – The end of the job as we know it. We are moving towards fluid, team-based, work-from-anywhere work
- 00:14:30 – How to differentiate what different types of workers need and want
- 00:16:30 – The risk of automation and destroying low-skilled jobs, with examples of bank tellers and ATMs. It always takes longer than people anticipate
- 00:21:30 – The importance to systematise your workforce, and understand the skills needed to meet the demands of your customers
Links mentioned in today’s episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Who is more creative: Oldest, middle or youngest siblings? - May 12, 2021
- What are you trying to improve? - May 11, 2021
- The lowest common denominator - May 7, 2021
- Podcast S5E114: Stefano Mastrogiacomo – High Impact Tools for Teams - May 6, 2021