In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with professional magician Butzi.
We speak about his history in magic, what it takes to be creative, and the difference between skill and originality.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – How Butzi got started late in magic
- 00:03:30 – The importance of learning the trade before you can start becoming creative
- 00:07:30 – The difference between old, established tricks and putting new creative twists on these through stories
- 00:12:45 – When Butzi feels creative
- 00:14:45 – Some magicians want to invent new tricks, while others prefer to work on strong performance
- 00:17:15 – Is it possible for him to watch other people perform magic while still having a beginners mind
- 00:20:30 – The three pillars to developing a creative spirit
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Butzi’s website: https://butzi-speaker.com/
- Crazitivity podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-crazytivity-podcast/id1514736811
- Butzi on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/butzispeaker/
The following two tabs change content below.
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Self-Serving bias: Why you think nothing is your fault - August 9, 2023
- We are all sheep - August 2, 2023
- Planning fallacy: Why we are so bad at predicting how long something will take - July 27, 2023
- Pygmalion effect: The self-fulfilling prophecy - July 24, 2023