In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with John Saunders, author of the Optimizer: Building and Leading a Team of Serial Innovators, former Wall Street sales leader and serial investor.
We speak about what it takes for innovators to optimise their processes, and how small incremental improvements can lead to lasting impact.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – How leaders are responsible for change
- 00:04:00 – The value of incremental change and how small changes compound over time
- 00:07:30 – How to break down big changes into smaller, manageable pieces and involving the people who will be affected
- 00:10:15 – Writing down what changes individuals and teams expect to achieve
- 00:13:30 – How to speak about change with someone who is really resistant to change
- 00:16:15 – What if one individual is the one resisting the change?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: The Optimizer: Building and Leading a Team of Serial Innovators – https://amzn.to/34n5Vqt
- John’s website: https://www.johncsaunders.com/
- John on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcs-optimizer/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Taking a break - June 13, 2022
- Would you trust a colleague who stole your ideas? - June 10, 2022
- Start small and build momentum - June 9, 2022
- The more people are in your company, the more administrative effort it takes - June 8, 2022