In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with John Saunders, author of the Optimizer: Building and Leading a Team of Serial Innovators, former Wall Street sales leader and serial investor.
We speak about what it takes for innovators to optimise their processes, and how small incremental improvements can lead to lasting impact.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – How leaders are responsible for change
- 00:04:00 – The value of incremental change and how small changes compound over time
- 00:07:30 – How to break down big changes into smaller, manageable pieces and involving the people who will be affected
- 00:10:15 – Writing down what changes individuals and teams expect to achieve
- 00:13:30 – How to speak about change with someone who is really resistant to change
- 00:16:15 – What if one individual is the one resisting the change?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: The Optimizer: Building and Leading a Team of Serial Innovators – https://amzn.to/34n5Vqt
- John’s website: https://www.johncsaunders.com/
- John on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcs-optimizer/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Which colours should you paint your office to be more creative? - June 23, 2021
- Why every innovation plan will fail when it hits the market - June 22, 2021
- 16 scientifically proven ways to enhance your creativity - June 21, 2021
- Podcast S5E120: Christina Wodtke – Using OKRs to become more productive - June 17, 2021