In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Olympic Gold Medallist, Ben Hunt-Davis MBE.
Ben competed at multiple Olympic Games for the British Rowing Team, won the Gold Medal in 2000, and now works with leaders and companies around the world to help them understand how to make their boat go faster.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 – Ben’s history with rowing and learning that training harder doesn’t result in success
- 00:04:00 – How to make your power work more effectively
- 00:06:30 – Making sure you can make better decisions, and understanding how to manage your mental horsepower effectively
- 00:13:30 – How leaders can create an environment where people can produce their best work
- 00:16:00 – Finding clarity and direction, by learning and adapting
- 00:20:00 – The importance of focusing on your strengths
- 00:23:00 – The importance of continuously looking for ways to improve
- 00:24:00 – Finding information about what is really driving your performance. Is it you, or is it the overall market?
- 00:28:00 – In the coming Olympics, some athletes will be stressed about all the ambiguity, whereas others will thrive by thinking that their focus gives them an advantage
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Will it make the boat go faster: https://willitmaketheboatgofaster.com/
- Ben on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/benhuntdavis/
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Taking a break - June 13, 2022
- Would you trust a colleague who stole your ideas? - June 10, 2022
- Start small and build momentum - June 9, 2022
- The more people are in your company, the more administrative effort it takes - June 8, 2022