In this episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with Intellectual Property lawyer Robert Wright about the different ways to protect your ideas and innovation.
We go through the different types of intellectual property, as well as which one is appropriate for which type of creative output, innovation or product.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:45 – How Napster was Robert’s introduction to Copyright and the creative process
- 00:04:45 – The different types of intellectual property protection: Trademarks, Copyright and Patents, and the costs associated with each
- 00:14:15 – the misunderstanding of what IP protection actually brings: It allows you to enforce your ownership against people who are infringing on it, but this needs to happen at a cost
- 00:19:30 – Enforcement does not happen automatically
- 00:22:30 – How patent trolls have changed the value and usage of patents
- 00:25:00 – How Amazon is trying to simplify patent disputes on their platform
- 00:28:00 – Is it possible to prevent someone stealing your idea?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Superhero Legal: https://superherolegal.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Anchoring: The bias which affects our ability to estimate & negotiate - February 22, 2023
- Scott Kirsner & Alex Slawsby – Benchmarking Innovation Impact 2023: Podcast E164 - February 9, 2023
- Leaders will invest less in transformational innovation due to fears over the economy - February 6, 2023
- A.I. can now use text prompts to design new proteins which don’t exist in nature - January 30, 2023
Leave A Comment