In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Robyn M Bolton. She is the founder of Mile Zero, as well as having extensive innovation experience in large companies like P&G, as well as working with Prof Clayton Christensen at Innosight.
We speak about what it takes for ideas to flourish in a company, and what innovation capabilities are required to execute ideas.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:03:00 – The case study of how Swiffer was actually developed at P&G
- 00:06:30 – Innovation is a Leadership problem
- 00:08:30 – Her history at Innosight and how innovation advice has changed over time
- 00:10:30 – How different sized companies need to approach innovation differently
- 00:12:00 – The skills required for the three dimensions of innovation
- 00:15:00 – Fear of the unknown and corporate antibodies
- 00:17:30 – Building innovation capabilities and processes
Links mentioned in this episode:
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Having an argument with Artificial Intelligence - December 6, 2022
- Tackle the monkey first - December 5, 2022
- Balancing your innovation portfolio: Does the 70-20-10 rule still apply? - November 28, 2022
- Why Facebook needed to let go of 13% of their workforce - November 21, 2022