In today’s episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Natalie Nixon, founder of Figure 8 Thinking and author of the The Creativity Leap.
We speak about what jazz has to do with business, improvisational organisations and what it takes for teams to thrive in a chaortic world.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:02:30 – Natalie’s history with jazz, and learning how improvisation exists in organisations
- 00:08:00 – The structure behind teams improvising together
- 00:11:00 – Creativity is no longer a luxury in companies, it is now a necessity
- 00:13:15 – Creativity requires toggling between wonder and rigor to solve problems
- 00:15:45 – In order to innovate and be creative, you need to be willing to cede control
- 00:17:00 – The “Three I” framework: Inquiry, Improvisation, Intuition
- 00:21:00 – Intuition is about pattern recognition
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Figure 8 Thinking: https://www.figure8thinking.com/
- Book: Creativity Leap: Unleash Curiosity, Improvisation, and Intuition at Work: https://amzn.to/3rC4pMh
- Natalie on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/natalienixonphd
- Natalie on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/natwnixon
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Authority Bias: Why we submit to the ideas and orders of others - May 14, 2023
- What impact does sleep have on creativity? - April 21, 2023
- Slowly getting more capable - April 12, 2023
- You need to know your success criteria - April 11, 2023
Leave A Comment