In today’s episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with award-winning author and innovation specialist Whitney Johnson.
With nearly 2 million followers on Linkedin, she is one of the most popular speakers and experts on innovation, and we speak about her new book Smart Growth: How to Grow your People to Grow your Company.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:00:45 – Whitney’s journey from Wall Street to her time with Clayton Christensen, and finally to her work as a disruption advisor
- 00:03:00 – What is growth and the S-Curve popularised by E. Rogers?
- 00:06:00 – Why growth does not feel consistent, and why it can be so slow and frustrating at the beginning
- 00:09:30 – How people can be in a state of Flow in their S-Curve for a long time.
- 00:12:00 – Why it is so hard to create and innovate as you get older, and the importance of starting with small steps to form a habit
- 00:16:30 – Your journey of moving through several S-Curves throughout your life, and sometimes multiple simultaneously
- 00:21:00 – Using S-Curves to get the best growth performance out of teams, and entire companies as a portfolio of S-Curves
- 00:26:00 – How to have a challenging conversation with someone else who might need to grow, but it might become uncomfortable
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Smart Growth Book: https://smartgrowthbook.com/
- Whitney Johnson’s Website: https://whitneyjohnson.com
- Whitney on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/whitneyjohnson/
The following two tabs change content below.
Chief Editor, Founder & CEO at Improvides Innovation Consulting
Creativity & Innovation expert: I help individuals and companies build their creativity and innovation capabilities, so you can develop the next breakthrough idea which customers love. Chief Editor of Ideatovalue.com and Founder / CEO of Improvides Innovation Consulting. Coach / Speaker / Author / TEDx Speaker / Voted as one of the most influential innovation bloggers.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Authority Bias: Why we submit to the ideas and orders of others - May 14, 2023
- What impact does sleep have on creativity? - April 21, 2023
- Slowly getting more capable - April 12, 2023
- You need to know your success criteria - April 11, 2023
Leave A Comment