In this episode of the Idea to Value podcast, we speak with Fabienne Jacquet, scientist, author of “Venus Genius” and founder of Innoveve.
We touch on what feminine traits are, and how important it is to understand and harness diversity of thinking in order for innovation teams to succeed.
Apologies for the audio quality of this episode, there were issues with the recording.
Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:03:00 – Her story which led her to her book “Venus Genius”
- 00:06:00 – Why women used to not be involved in innovation
- 00:09:45 – What is the difference between masculine and feminine traits, and where do these differences come from?
- 00:13:00 – How do these traits relate to innovation?
- 00:17:30 – What it takes to overcome these challenges
- 00:22:00 – How to self-identify traits, and see areas for improvement
- 00:25:00 – Do we need to actively promote women into innovation leadership roles?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Innoveve: https://innoveve.com/
- Fabienne on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fabienne-jacquet/
- Venus Genius book: https://amzn.to/3w13fdY
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Self-Serving bias: Why you think nothing is your fault - August 9, 2023
- We are all sheep - August 2, 2023
- Planning fallacy: Why we are so bad at predicting how long something will take - July 27, 2023
- Pygmalion effect: The self-fulfilling prophecy - July 24, 2023